Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Turn

     We all have a turn at life, a time to grow, have opportunities, and take on responsibilities.  Sometimes we have a say in the matter; sometimes we have no control at all.
     It was my turn to be born in the 40's and grow up in the 50's.  No control there.  Then it was my turn to pursue an education and get married in the 60's.  I certainly had some control over studying and choosing a mate.  Next, it was my turn to be a housewife and mother.  And later to have a career outside the home.  My turn came to be a mother-in-law and grandmother which I still enjoy.  Since 2001, I have my turn at retirement.  This can be a time to live life at a different pace, to relax, to pursue hobbies or learn something new.
     We may have to take our turn in caring for a parent or a spouse, a chance to love and give our all.  We may have to take a turn at being cared for, a chance to receive as well as give.  After we experience many stages of life, we will arrive at taking our last turn over which we will have very little control.
     Look back on your life and realize how you have grown, benefited from many opportunities, and assumed a variety of responsibilities.  See what you still want to accomplish.  Take a turn at something new.    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment